School Groups – Solitary Islands Surf School
Living In Australia the beach and the ocean play a big part in our lifestyles. Here at Solitary Islands Surf School we feel that it is imperative that children are educated on the ocean and what an amazing way of life it can offer them.
Learning to surf or just recreationally play in the ocean is a great way for kids to stay fit and healthy, build confidence or it can bring a real sense of achievement as they learn new skills. Solitary Islands and Sawtell Surf Schools offer a range of programs and lesson options for schools:
- For Primary Schools we are providers of Sporting Schools and deliver the Weet-Bix SurfGroms Program that is government funded or subsidised. Schools can tailor a surfing package to there needs
- For High Schools we offer weekly safe Surf Programs, 1 Off surf lessons, Girls only classes or we can tailor a surf package to your schools needs
- We also have school camps covered with ocean awareness, surf lesson or combination packages. We can also direct you to some great affordable local accommodation.
Please complete the enquiry form below and we will discuss with you the best program or lesson for your school.
If you are interested in setting up a School Surfing Program, please complete the below form:
Where to meet us
“SURFING AT ITS BEST”
My Daughter and I have been using Solitary Islands Surf school every week for 3 years, they have amazing coaches and Darryn is always so lovely and helpful! I always recommend them to anyone interested in learning to surf, Mums and Dads as well as the kids!kyliec440
School Bookings can be made anytime of the year. We work with each school individually to schedule a lesson or program that meet’s there needs
- Reading Surf Conditions and Identifying a safe surf zone
- Basic Fitness for Surfing
- Catching broken and unbroken waves
- Wave zone negotiation
- Wiping out safely
- Equipment for Surfers
- Sunsmart Behaviour
- Sports safe Behaviour
- Environmental awareness
- Soft Surfboard, Lycra wet-shirt, Wetsuit (full-length if required) Sunscreen, Bodyboards and beach games
- Students will need to bring a towel. swimmers and water
- Expert guidance from our fully qualified level 1 and 2 Surfing Australia Surf Coaches who all have surf rescue certificates and WWCH checks
- Well organised groups that cater for beginners, intermediate or advanced surfers
- A very safe environment that ensures everyone is smiling and having fun at the beach
What to Bring
You don’t really need to bring much to your surf lesson, but try to remember the following items:
- Drinking water
- A HUGE smile!!….